Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Saturday Six

Sorry I haven't been doing this for a while, but here I am!  Ready to recap a lot of random and fun things that have happened to us in the past days, weeks, and months!  So strap-in, we're going back in time!

1. Oooo pretty!
The first week of my morning sickness I got a really awesome surprise which totally made my day.  I found out I won the Golden Box from Julep Maven.  Some of you are probably like, "say, huh?"  But it's quite simple.  I received all the nail polishes offered in all the boxes for that month for the price of one box.  SO AWESOME!  Since there were literally a dozen nail polishes I haven't gotten around to trying them all, but I have stumbled upon a new favorite: Dakota.  It's like a pinkish bronze color and I adore it.  Not to mention it stayed on my toe nails without reapplying for 3 weeks!!  Crazy!  Anyway, I highly recommend getting this color!  LOVE IT!



2.  Hard Water = Hardly a Problem:
I live in Florida.  We have hard water.  Hard water sucks.  The End.  Just kidding!  I mean does it totally suck, but I have finally found a solution!  So if you remember our master bathroom at all, we have 4 walls of glass.  And the hard water like to make an impression on this glass and NEVER come off.  I went as far as to buy specific windex to get it off and while it worked okay, it smelled awful and  all and all made me never want to clean the shower again.  So, I stumbled upon this wonderful pin. (Thank you pinterest gods!) And it's worked miracles.  Not only is it cheap, easy, and effective, the scent doesn't make my hound-dog of a nose want to run for cover.  Try it if you have hard water... or heck, if you like having streak and gunk free glass to see your pretty reflection in!
photo from joyfulhomemaking.com

3.  Cute Puppy Pose of the Week:
Even while sleeping, Cooper still tries to fly.



4.  Cracking Out:
So, now that I'm pregnant, I can't help but freak out over all the cute baby things.  David and I are super excited about our upcoming showers and while registering at Target, we totally went a little first-time-parent-crazy and bought some stuff for our very empty nursery.  Eventually the colors in the nursery are going to be yellow and grey.  We thought this was pretty gender neutral and would allow us to add accents of either blue or pink to the color scheme depending on whether it's a boy or a girl.  So, here's what we bought on our first little nesting spree!
Yellow and white rug, a musical stuffed giraffe, and a yellow and grey fuzzy blanket with two giraffes on it.

5.  The More the Merrier:
We had some wonderful guests come visit us this past week.  Jessica, Tim, and their AH-dorable little boy Owen spent their vacation down here in Florida with us.  We loved having them here all week!  It was really awesome to see how Owen and David bonded.  Owen's two favorite words for the week:  Doggie and David.  We saw Owen's first experience with Mickey Mouse at Animal Kingdom which was a hoot!  And I think they totally enjoyed our neighborhood pool!  I know I enjoyed hanging out with them!  It's definitely a lot quieter around here now that they have gone... we miss them already!

We're goofing around... get it?  David's wearing a goofy hat! Hehehe

Mickey.... I'm not so sure you're real...

One of the amazing animals we saw on our safari with O-dawg.

I just wanna bang on these drums all day!

Sleepy baby

6.  Borderlands 2 Review:
We haven't beaten the game yet, but I am pretty positive we are well over halfway through.  I really like this sequel to the original Borderlands game.  You know how movie sequels are almost never as good as the originals?  Well I am happy to say that it isn't always the case for video games.  This sequel has more of a plot to the underlying theme of the game.  Yes, you can run off and kill unlimited amounts of skags, psychos, and loaders, but you can also stick to the main storyline and really feel like there is a point to the whole game.  Not to mention all the fun side quests and little trinkets along the way.  I personally love the slot machines.  The leveling process is intriguing too.  You can make a variety of different characters just based on the way you level up your character.  It's very interesting.  All and all, if you like to shoot things and play fun little missions with friends, I would say this is a good game to buy!
photo from wikipedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Popular Posts