Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Saturday Six on a Sunday

Sorry this coming a little later than normal, but we've been super busy around here.  Trying to get our house in order for family to visit has been a task in and of itself.  Not to mention all the other everyday tasks and Christmas extra errands we seem to be running.  It's been hectic, but fun.

1. Say Cheese!
David and I have been photo freaks lately.  We received our Cannon Rebel T3i from Santa early this year and haven't stopped playing with it since.  We are constantly trying to find different reasons to play with it and snap photos of everything.  Here are some of our unedited photos from our test shoot the day we got it.





2.  12 Days are Here!
As a part of trying to make my lovely hubby a priority during this crazy season, I have started the 12 days of Christmas for David this year.  I think he really likes opening a present every day.  Here is David opening day three's gift.  I really like doing this so far because I can mix things he needs with things he wants and each present is exciting no matter what he opens because it's not getting compared to all the other gifts at one big opening session.  I love the excited look on his face when he finds the gift in a random location each day.


3.  Check Out Our Crib...
It came!  Finally!  We had to assemble it of course, but it wasn't as hard as the dresser.  I love it so far.  It really makes the room feel like a nursery.  Here is a before and after shot.

Our furbabies were the first to test it out!

4.  Christmas Cards
I love getting Christmas cards, really!  I don't know if it's just the season or what, but I'm a sucker for getting cards in the mail.  Unfortunately our lovely preggo-parent-to-be in this house hasn't even started on her own Christmas cards!  UGH!  I apologize if it's after the New Years before any of my family and friends get them.  I'm working on them... just slowly.  Blame it on the pregnancy brain?!
photo from vectorfile.net

5.  Hello Friend!
We have gotten cable tv for our families coming in to visit this year.  It's weird how I didn't miss it when we gave it up over a year ago.  Now that we have it, I have been glued to Food Network.  David has been obsessed with ESPN and we just love having it on as we do random activities in our living room.  I'm sure we'll give it up again after the holiday season, but it's fun while it lasts!
photo from my.homeisthelegacy.com

6.  Blogging Back Up
I am going to go ahead and warn all of my readers.  With everything from David's birthday to both sets of in-laws and even a pair of friends coming to visit over the next couple of weeks I doubt I'm going to be a blogging fool.  I will try to document with pictures and random posts every now and then, but who knows if I'll even get anything posted until after January is in full swing.  I'll do my best, that's all I can do!  Happy Holdiays everyone!
photo from etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Popular Posts